The classic slots are old-fashioned online slot machines that come with 3 reels in most cases. Nevertheless, they are still very popular today and some software providers launch classic slot titles even today. After all, it’s a matter of taste and some players prefer the classic slots and their simplistic gameplay. Read our classic slots guide, learn how to play and choose a classic slot game to play for free or real money.
Classic Slot Games Free Play:
Featured Online Casino for Classic Slots:
- Impressive collection of some of the best slots & casino games
- Flash, Instant & Mobile
- Free Mode & Real Money Casino Games
- Safe, secure & certified
- Generous Sign Up Bonus & Promotions
- Plenty of banking methods & FAST withdrawals!
Online Casinos with Classic Slots:
How to play Classic Slots?
You can play classic slots in every online casino that offers them, and most of them do! It’s recommended to play free classic slots before you get involved with real money. This will give you a chance to try out the games without risking any real money funds. As you get to know the games, there’s no reason not to play for real money. The payouts in the case of some classic slots can be well worth the investment!
Classic slots are simple games that usually come with 3 reels and one pay line. The attractive thing about classic slots is their strong pay table. Most of them are medium to high variance slot games and some even have jackpots attached. While payouts may come seldom, the potential wins can be bigger. Since most classic slot machines have just one pay line, more funds can be allocated per line and thus more money can be expected in return in case of a win.
Classic Slots Features
For the most part, classic slots will not have the same features, bonus rounds or graphical interplay that the more modern variety tends to. The number of reels used will generally be 3, with certain exceptions carrying 5 reels. If you have heard the term “fruit machine,” this is what classic slots were colloquially referred to and known by years before online slots were a thing.
How do they differ from modern slots?
Generally speaking, they are more straightforward and basic to play. For example, the majority of classic slots were played with 3 reels and one pay line which ran through the centre of the reels. The older the slot, the more likely it was to feature just 3 reels, although there are 5 reel slots which are considered classic.
What features do they have?
In essence, classic slots do not tend to have special features, bonus rounds, or free spins. The aim of the game was to match three identical symbols or a mix of symbols which could also be made up when you landed two matching symbols and a wild icon. Video slots enjoy popularity for the various features they have, while classic slots are preferred for their no-nonsense and direct mode of play.
Why choose classic slots?
Classic slots are still popular much for the same reason that classic cars, classic video games and classic movies are. There is a sense that these creations were pioneering or advanced at the time, and will not be beaten for quality. Many remember classic slots as a fun pastime. Older slots aficionados will cite the old-school fruit, bars and 7’s as the best way to play and win big, dismissing the modern variety as complicated and time-consuming.
Why are the Classic Slots still popular?
Even though game developers relentlessly keep delivering visually stunning and feature-packed video slots, the popularity of classic slots remains unchanged. Why is that? Aren’t we all on a continuous search for more, bigger and better, dumping the old, boring stuff in favour of the latest innovations? When it comes to online slot games, apparently it’s not the case.
Perhaps it has to do with the fact vintage is always in fashion. People collect items decades and centuries old and cherish them as their most valuable possessions. They love watching white & black movies and listening to old music, even if they weren’t around when these were originally released. You must have heard, more than once, someone to say: “They just don’t make them as they used to”.
The popularity of classic slots could also have something to do with the simplicity or perhaps the lack of. Developers are continuously trying to offer us something we’ve never seen before. As a result, modern video slots tend to get more and more complicated. Sometimes, figuring out a game’s mechanics takes a while even if you’re a seasoned player. No wonder many find beauty in fewer reels and pay lines, fewer wagering options, and a single extra (if any) added to what slots are all about: spinning the reels to line up identical symbols.
Fans of highly volatile video slots might be drawn by large payouts classic slots normally can’t offer, but there are plenty of those who appreciate small wins delivered with higher frequency. Perhaps a classic slot doesn’t have what it takes to make you a millionaire, but it’s certainly kinder to your wallet and allows you to play for longer. Thanks to their low variance and simple gameplay, classic slots are ideal for newbies pressing the Spin button for the very first time.
5 Tips to Play Classic Slots
Enjoyed by many across the world for the simplicity and uncompromising fun they offer, classic slots are a staple of any casino. Playing the 3 reels will always be popular with some, although many experienced players do tend to approach a session with a clear goal. Here are five tips to play classic slots:
- Look for machines with high RTP. Return to Player Percentage (RTP) means the amount which a slot is designed to give back to you, and can indicate the edge which the house has on a player. For example, if a slot has an RTP of 96%, the house edge will be 4%. Many slots have varying RTP’s, so look for what they are before you play.
- Set goals for your wins. Regardless of the slot game, there will be a point where you are either winning or losing. Having your bankroll clearly defined means that you do not spend more than you have, and can exit with a profit. If you start with £100, set yourself a goal of when to stop. For example, if you hit 75% of your starting balance at any point, stop playing.
- Prepare for your losses. In the same way, you must be aware of what you are willing to lose before you play. If you are happy to spend the entire £50 you deposit and lose it all, then walk away and set yourself a time for coming back.
- Ensure your bet level is right. Perhaps you play with lower stakes and are less inclined to go big. In this case, make sure that the predetermined stake when you play a slot isn’t at maximum or a bet higher than what you are used to!
- Know the pay table. Reading the pay table can clue you up on what to expect when playing and may also give you an indication of the variance of a particular slot. The higher the variance, the less frequent wins will be, although the value of those wins will be higher.
Best Classic Slot Machines
It’s very hard to determine which classic slot machines are the best. Every software provider has at least a few classic slots in their collection. Some players will instantly point out Microgaming as a software provider with the biggest collection of classic slots. They have around 100 different titles in their portfolio and some titles simply stand out. They are Break Da Bank, CashSplash, Tunzamunni, 1 Arm Bandit and others.
Net Entertainment is one of the leading software providers in the industry today and they also have a few classic games in their portfolio. They are Jackpot 6000, Super Nudge 6000 and Mega Joker.
Novomatic, also known as Novoline, is without a doubt the leader among software providers when it comes to classic slot machines, both physical and online. Some of the classic slot machines worth be mentioned are Bullion Bars, Hot Chance, Always Hot, Super Dice or Burning Hot Sevens.
Play N Go also have a presence in this field with Lucky Diamonds, Bell of Fortune, Ace of Spades, Gift Shop or Speed Cash being some of their most notable classic slot games titles.